Saturday, June 26, 2010

When Mae West looked into the eye of the camera, did she realize the impact she carried without words?

Her words were always full of double meanings %26amp; ample portions of subtle titillation.





Can you repeat a line from one of her movies that stick in your head? If not, then what do you remember MOST about women like Mae West?





Can you name other women who had a way with words %26amp; actions from days gone past?When Mae West looked into the eye of the camera, did she realize the impact she carried without words?
Yes! she never met a man she didn't like.When Mae West looked into the eye of the camera, did she realize the impact she carried without words?
Of course she did. Only women who know exactly what kind of impact they'll have by looking into the ';eyes'; of ';the camera'; have the courage to do it and pull it off like she did. What sticks in my mind from Mae West movies is her saying ';Why don't you come up and see me some time'; but who don't. Women from that era seemed to over play the role of a sex pot sort of like a drag queen does now adays.


Betty Davis is one of my most favorite actresses from that era and one of my most favorite lines from one of her movies is '; hold on, its going to be a bumpy ride';
One quote of hers that I remember went something like this. . . '; Is there something in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me ? '; LOL


I loved this woman ! No one has ever topped her for the double meanings she could come up with ! !
OOooh yeah! Mae West knew exactly what she was doing.





My favorite ';It's not the men in my life it's the life in my men';





';Is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see me?';
She knew it!





';Goodness what beautiful diamonds!';


';Goodness had nothing to do with it dearie.';





Jean Harlow and Marlene Dietrich were two other very knowing women.
Knowing her, she probably did.





';Come up and see me sometime';.





I don't think anyone could top her. Marilyn Monroe would come close.
Didn't sailors use Mae West life (float) vests? I don't know why they were called that.
Is that a gun or are ya just happy to see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color