Friday, June 25, 2010

Do kittens look you in the eye?

Just wondering.





I have once or twice caught my 17 week old doing it in what seems like a loved up way when he's purring on my lap, and sometimes reaching out and touching my face. Bless. But, on the whole, he'll avoid eye contact like the plague.





Unless he's far away that is. Or meowing for food.... which is cute as... but drives me crazy! :o)Do kittens look you in the eye?
As with people, only the more assertive kitties will look directly into your eyes until they really get to know you (17 weeks is still young).





In general, cats don't like to be stared at, so when looking at your kitty, slowly close your eyelids and reopen them several times (i.e. you're blinking in slo-mo) as this appears less threatening to them.Do kittens look you in the eye?
He IS reaching for your face and expressing his love for you! All animals including cats have emotion including love for their owners. He knows how lucky he is to have you. Return this love and make an appointment to get him neutered if you haven't yet! Call the local animal rescue or Animal Center for a low cost neuter and vaccines, it is sooo important to neuter cats. These lovely animals make wonderful pets but there are millions of unwanted kitties born every day and they suffer, starve, get run over, fall prey to cruel people, become coyote food, become ferel, (wild) get diseases and die. Please neuter you cat and pass on the advice.


Thanks and good luck
In cat body language looking into anothers eyes can be interpreted as a threat, so they dont feel comfortable to do this, as usually proper eye contact especially with another cat only takes place when they are measuring each other up to have a fight and looking away is their way of saying they dont want a fight and that they are not going to be a threat.



Yes my kitten does, she is nearly 6 months old and when I talk to her face to face, it's though she's listening to me. but when she get's fed up, and ';Had enough of this'; she looks away as if to say, ';Shut up, I've heard enough';. LoL
cats and dogs rarely look you in the eye because it can be threatening to them,apparently if a cat shows its back to you he/she completely trusts and respects you.
The other answers are good and now I know what my cats are expecting to achieve when they try to stare me down! They think they're being intimidating! ahahahaha! Nice try kitties, dinner time is when dinner time is. Deal with it.
my kitten sometimes does the same thing but when we play she always looks me in the eye your kitten might only want food

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color