Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Can an eye doctor tell if you exercise from looking at your eyes?

My friend is naturally a small person, but doesn鈥檛 exercise. She recently went to the doctor and he told her that she didn鈥檛 exercise and he could tell by looking at her eyes. I have found no research to back this up. Does anyone know if this is true?Can an eye doctor tell if you exercise from looking at your eyes?
I am a physician. There are retinal changes present with diabetes and hypertension, but people who exercise may have these medical conditions. I do not know of any retinal changes characteristic of exercise or inactivity. It sounds like a load of hooey to me.Can an eye doctor tell if you exercise from looking at your eyes?
He's full of it. He's probably trying to call her on it. If she was, she'd say she was. I guess he may be getting her to fess up, deny it or explain it. Most people don't exercise like they should, so that was an easy observation. I know that you can tell if someone has enough water, because their eyes would be properly moisterized, bu tnot exercise.
If your unhealthy then you get a slight discoloration in your eyes, and I mean if you don't exercise at all, eat a lot of 'junk' food and/or smoke but just not exercising doesn't

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color