Sunday, December 13, 2009

Why wont my 2 1/2 month old look at me or make eye contact?

Im worries abiout autism.. I know he is not blind because he follows thign he just wont look at meWhy wont my 2 1/2 month old look at me or make eye contact?
I have read that by that age they should be able to look you in the eye. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean they will. They don't understand the meaning or importance of looking someone in the eye like adults do, so they simply don't do it. My daughter is 20 months old and she will look me in the eye, but for a while I got down on her level and would talk to her while looking her in the eye both when being loving or when she was in trouble. She definitely won't look at me now when she is doing wrong or is up to something or mad at me. Don't worry about it. I'm sure its nothing. Now in the next year or so if he won't, you might bring it up to your pediatrician.Why wont my 2 1/2 month old look at me or make eye contact?
Do not stress yourself out. Baby is having a hard time focusing and that is normal. Also, I would try laying over baby and make the sound where you stick your tongue out and gently blow. Babies think that this is both strange and funny. All babies develop at their own pace so be patience. There is a lot going on in the world around your baby and maybe he wants to take it all in. If you are very concerned, take baby to the doctor and have the doctor give another hearing screen. I think baby is fine and really trying to figure out his surroundings. You are a good mom, just relax.
  • pc security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin color