Sunday, December 13, 2009

How do I make a really eye-catching, cool looking resume using MS Word 2003?

I want something with a border all round the edges (I did that by drawing a table but I can't get it close to the edges without creating an extra blank page I can't get rid of due to my inability to decrease the size of the top and bottom indents)





How can I change the spacing on top and bottom?


What fonts look the best? Colors? Thanks so much guys.How do I make a really eye-catching, cool looking resume using MS Word 2003?
To put a box/border around the entire page, the most effective option is to use File%26gt;Page Set-up select Layout and then choose Borders (lower left-hand corner) and then Page Borders and set-up your border that way you want it to look. In the Page Border tab, under options, you can specify where you want the border to appear in relation to your text, etc.





As far as fonts, keep it simple to just a couple of fonts - often Arial (or a font without the little tales on the ends of the letters san-serif) is used for headers and Times Roman (fonts with the serifs or tales) are used for the body, as the serif tends to draw the eye along the text.





Keep your colors legible and business-like. For instance, a pink-and-purple color scheme is hardly likely to land you a professional position. Stick to red and blue. Remember, too that light-colored text can be difficult to read! Limit colors to borders and headings.





While a knock-out layout may encourage a potential employer to take a look at your resume, the most important part is content!How do I make a really eye-catching, cool looking resume using MS Word 2003?
I used Micro Ex for Headers And Footers and Picture (top Right),Avery Dennison for borders and micro word for the body

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color