Sunday, December 13, 2009

What does it mean when meeting new ppl or speaking to ppl overall, they cannot look you in the EYE?

I find this very annoying. what is this a sign of? like/dislike? please advise.What does it mean when meeting new ppl or speaking to ppl overall, they cannot look you in the EYE?
The person can be shy, insecure, or just plain scared talking to the person. I know sometimes when I talk to certain people who are bigger than I am or have a threatening look, I can't really keep eye contact. You have to remember there are people who are expert liars and do keep eye contact. I think body language also tells you about a person, if they are worried, scared etc.What does it mean when meeting new ppl or speaking to ppl overall, they cannot look you in the EYE?
I have had this same conversation with people lately. My daughter has a friend who wont look you in the eye and her father too finds it very disrespectful. I was told when meeting someone for the first time, the length of the handshake is determined by how long it takes you to remember that persons eye color. It's a good rule of thumb, because you HAVE to look someone in the eye.
I know that the first thing people say is that you're lying about something, if you can't look them in the eye when you are talking to them. But, I don't agree. I know that sometimes I feel uncomfortable staring someone straight in the eye when talking. It has nothing to do with lying, I'm either uncomfortable or don't want to get involved in a long conversation with that person. Sometimes, I'm just searching for the right words that escape me at the time.
It either means they're Japanese and being polite, or they're Western and being sneaky. I feel that people who can't look you in the eye have something to hide.
It is probably not a sign of anything. Some people just have trouble looking other people in the eye when talking to them. I personally find it difficult to maintain eye contact when I am trying to put forth an argument supporting a given position that requires me to follow a thought process and convey that process to the other person. I find maintaining eye contact during this process to be very distracting and have a tendency to lose my train of thought. As a result, I will break eye contact several times while I am making my point.


Meeting new people is a little different...to me it is a little rude not to look a person in the eye when you first meet them...if you are looking around the room while you are being introduced to somebody, it sends the message that you don't really care about that person.
just my opinion but if someone cant look me in the eye i consider that they are trying to avoid a deceptive mischevious nature honesty has nothing to hide so as for me i wouldnt trust them
That they are a lie and can't be trusted...
its hard for me to look into peoples eyes a long time, its a sign of insecurity and possibly someone who cant be trusted, it just depends on the situation and what you are talking about
It's probably just a matter of that person being bashful. I've been in meetings before with people who wouldn't look me in the eye throughout the entire thing. It's annoying, but if someone won't look you in the eye it's probably just that their nervous or feel inferior.





Bar-B-Qued Moose





10-20 servings 9 days 15 min prep





1 moose (antlers removed)


8 gallons ketchup


5 1/2 gallons bob's moose marinade


3 tablespoons dry mustard


1 bay leaf


salt, if yea want


pepper, if yea want


3 six-packs beer





FIVE EASY STEPS:.


Make sure moose is dead.


Put moose on skewer or ina a very, very, very large skillet.


Cook over medium-high heat until done, about 9 days, basting occasionally with all the other stuff mixed together -- 'cept the beer.


Drink the beer.


Serve the moose with Potatoes Anna and a asparagus souffle.
Some people are just very insecure and that could be the reason. I used to never be able to look someone in the eyes when we are talking! Sometimes it is still actually hard for the same reason. I am not AS insecure as I was but I still am!
I have to force myself to keep looking someone in the eye. It's just uncomfortable.
It is uncomfortable. I feel like I need to make them look, but the fact is, it is a sign of shyness, insecurity, or possibly they just can't stand us so badly that they cannot look at us.
I sometimes do that because I'm nervous or I feel uncomfortable or awkward. It has nothing to do with whether or not I like or dislike the person I'm speaking with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color